Sunday, August 06, 2006

Laguna!

Note: errm, I made a promise to myself that I'd make posts with titles that are usually consisting of only one word.. But hey, we all get lost in our english most of the time.. so, I decided to extend my promise a little bit, hmmm, maybe a phrase title wouldn't hurt.. anyway....

I woke up this morning with the usual ringing of my dearest cellphone... (which doubles as an alarm clock :D)

Mom said we were going to church a tad earlier, and we did, much to my surprise... haha!!! I didn't have the chance to watch my favorite machine robo rescue which was totally annoying.. Anyway, the said reason for going to church earlier than usual is because of an outing in the faraway lands of Laguna! (sorry for the exaggeration, it wasn't that far you know..)

By 10:15am, exactly an hour after we got home from the church, we went to Laguna...

A simple stop-over by the Shell station in SLEX (the exact one we stopped on during the geology trip with mr.bato, este manueli pala) turned into a mini star sighting as we accidentally parked beside the car of certain celebrity babe/FHM covergirl. Flanked by 2 surfer dudes with the intent of possibly going to La Union (maybe, but by car? dang!), this certain celeb turned the windows down and was seen by my sister, who actually has a penchant for pictures with celebrities. (we have a whole album in the house, complete from child stars THEN who pose for FHM nowadays, to teleserye mainstays, to singing champions, to PBA players, even news reporters!)

Syempre si Mama nastar struck na naman, ayun may picture....

And lo, after buying the Mcdo Milkshake (a new product which is a copy of what Jollibee serves as melted ice cream, can't lay a finger on that darn name..) we set sail for Laguna, a good one hour drive away.

Like any other summer outing, this one had the prerequisites: the wild kids, the adults not interested with swimming, food galore and body shots of everyone! hahaha!!!

so, nothing interesting happened in the outing, just absorbed the beautiful panoramic view of the highlands and the always fresh air.. i missed that air.. maybe that's what I missed the most after leaving high school, and after Manila gave me my rhinitis again... fresh air... it has become a rarity, and thank God they still gave me chances to enjoy this manna from heaven.

note: don't go to China, they have oxygen bars retailing O2 at $10 per hour! the sad part is it's unflavored!!! they sell flavored air by the way...

as of the same time my bestfriend was in Indang celebrating life, missing Las Pinas, being one with the environment (clean air and all) and enjoying a children's party...

after the shebang had adjourned, we packed our bags and went home.. Which translated into a butt-busting 2hr drive that left my behind sore and all... After a few moments of reflection and drinking (water, of course.. am allergic to alcohol) I turned on my pc and voila.. blogging the day as it went by..

random thoughts going around my mind:
- will I ever wake up again getting a text message from her? (yeah. it was ALL GOOD while it lasted..)
- why do priests sometimes have jagged teeth?
- why does it always rain whenever we have an outing?
- or a much proper question: does 1 typhoon per week be considered normal in the typhoon season of the Philippines?
- you'll pay 120 pesos for a chilled coconut on Taal. I'm not kidding.
- finally I've nailed that damn breaststroke with a frog kick
- Calamba has the biggest city hall I've ever seen.. Las Pinas may be 2nd.. or 3rd.. or whatever...
- too much chlorine makes the skin a tad dry, and makes me look like Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer.
- hilaw na mangga + bagoong + apple juice = paquiao-morales 3 in my tummy

so in about sometime I will be able to beat the current sprint record by dashing to the toilet and dropping the BOMB.. and that time... is... now!!!!!


shout-out to all the people in the cbox.. nice work! I'll link your sites later.. can i have your comments now?

No comments: