Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Divisoria! Part 1

A lot has been written and said about this place, in the middle of the bustling urban jungle of Manila where lore of it has spread out far and wide.

Saan ka nga ba pwedeng makakita ng mabibiling mura? E di sa DIVISORIA!!!!!!!

Its the one stop place for anything and almost everything that can be sold or bought. It is where the forces of the market are in effect. It is where the most talented snatchers hone their talents and train their future successors. All the chaos, the glory and gore of it all... If you want it cheap, it's probably in Divisoria...

So before anything else, what happened before I went there?

Let's See!!!

- had the once-a-week swimming class with Sir Vivi ( I like to call him that.) had my skin dry and my eyes burning in pain for God-knows-why
- had the once-a-week Econ101 class with Sir Arcilla. I passed the exam!! Fucking yeah!!! hahaha!!!!

nothing unusual happened, just the same same every Wednesday...

then me and my bestfriend went to Divisoria. She got to buy a watch for herself so I tagged along.

I bought:
- 1 pc. Incubus: Live In Red Rock dvd
- 1 pc. Naruto dvd (ep.185-195)
- 1 pc. cloth pencil case for my sister

And my bestfriend bought herself a Jim Carrey movie. Liar Liar. Nice!

then we went home....

random thoughts while inside Divisoria:
- I like Divisoria in the "off-season". NAPAKALUWAG! unlike the rabid chaos of the Xmas season and before the first day of school
- the first Filipino phrase a Chinese may want to learn: "Bili na kayo ate, kuya!"
- the Apple Ipod has around 17 imitations in one stall alone.
- Divisoria contains the most complete library of any American TV series. Daig pa Astrovision tsaka Video City e. Mura pa!
- my feet always hurt when I go to Divi
- is LYCHEESE the real spelling of lychees?
- I like the fact that I can hop on a jeep and go home to Imus straight from Divisoria. (yeah, I board the Divisoria jeep from Imus when I go to Vito Cruz for my PE class...)
- like Paola said in her blog, we really need to be nice to the salesladies.. (unless said saleslady gives you a bad stare, then proceed with whipping out of the chainsaw and cutting her head off.)
- are watchvendors really that hot-headed?

and so the trip to Divisoria ended with us going back to the Post Office and going home safely. Well, we still had a stop-over in the Imus Market to continue our East Side food trip series.... featuring pishbol, balat, isaw, buko, gulaman, chiken papkorn at siomai....

And the day ends with me typing away and getting ready to go to sleep....

Ay putangina, sira yung dvd ng Naruto.. Ayan, may topic na ako ulit.. Divisoria part 2!!!! hahahaha!!!!

salamat sa lahat ng mga masisipag magcomment! peace!

No comments: