Sunday, December 31, 2006

lost in translation: part 2

i'm really sorry i wasn't able to finish already my list of depressing/sad songs.
xmas came by and well i had to prepare for it. i hope you've enjoyed your xmas.

oh yes my dad and I have finished the whole Alias tv series. It only has 5 seasons..really, really worth checking out. i cannot believe jennifer garner still shot the freaking show even though she was pregnant..

i am typing in my notepad today as i have found out that it is better to type in herebefore posting anything on blogger. and then i have a back-up in case my beloved pc decides to hang up on me.
so here we go i hope i can complete the whole list in this entry.. i just discovered that blogger doesn't want entries which are too long. but what the heck i don't really care! haha!

7. Masaya (piano version) - Bamboo

An old adage goes, "love is but a great irony..", and yes my favorite Bamboo song aside from 214 does justice to this saying.

So ironic is the effect of love, a great mystery as people would like to say. Every now and then we confront ourselves with questions as why we do this and that, ask ourselves if there is justification in the actions we do. Love is an unfathomable concept, an idea very hard to grasp, yet is all over us. Everywhere we look we find manifestations of it. Everytime we sit down and think we can only wonder, why is love so powerful?

ok, so much for that. I think the song needs not a full digestion of its lyrics, just give it a listen. Particularly this version. I'm sorry if I'm fickle with versions, but the piano arrangements of this song are amazing, performed by the wonderful Ria Osorio of the Phil. Philharmonic Orchestra. The piano has done wonders to the song, adding layers of sadness and monotony into the song..

ang pag-ibig, ganyan talaga, ako'y nilamon na ng pag-ibig, ganyan talaga, masaya...

6. Broken Sonnet - Hale

You didn't think they wouldn't be here eh? Think again...

Considered as the masters of "iyakan" songs thanks to the voice of frontman Champ, Hale's songs will be forever the common girl's choice for the perfect sentimental head trip. Loneliness? Depression? Anxiety? Name it, and they've got a song for it.

Not taking away anything from them, they don't really suck. The songs they make are well written, except for a bump or two in their choice of words.
But why Broken Sonnet? Yes, we all know there are better songs than this but allow me to explain. Broken Sonnet is about the realization of a lost cause. Imagine, finally giving in and admitting to yourself that, despite all of the hard work and sacrifice, you're not really fit for each other, i mean, you and the your prospect (excuse me for lack of a better term)
if there is one thing people hate to admit, it is the admission of defeat.
the chorus of the song goes like:

i'll leave my fears behind
coz, tonight i'll be right at your side

forsaking common sense for the cause of love is a regular habit of people. you can't really blame them, love is like a drug.
the pre choruse provides us with supporting ideas:

i don't care what they say
i don't care what they do

a lot of people do that. they leave and drop everything behind. a lot of sacrifice has been made, but at the end, it all boils down to nothing.. such is the pain infused into this song by Hale. A masterpiece.

5. Only One (acoustic version) - Yellowcard

A song so beautiful it brought tears to my eyes, in public.

I heard this one on my friend's pc, and boy I was so blown away by the whole song. The instrumentation, the arrangement and the voice. An absolute ear candy.

I really had to cry in public because this song hits you hard, especially people who consider someone as their one true love, aka their Only One.

Yellowcard's Only One is probably the best song to dedicate to the person you love the most. Nothing is sweeter to a person's ears when someone tells you that you are their only one. Unbelievable.
These are the lyrics of the song.. Read on:

Broken this fragile thing now
And I can't, I can't pick up the pieces
And I've thrown my words all around
But I can't, I can't give you a reason
I feel so broken up

And I give up

I just want to tell you so you know
Here I go, scream my lungs out and try to get to you

You are my only one
I let go, there's just no one that gets me like you do
You are my only, my only one

Made my mistakes, let you down
And I can't, I can't hold on for too long
Ran my whole life in the ground
And I can't, I can't get up when you're gone
And something's breaking up

I feel like giving up
I won't walk out until you know

Here I go, scream my lungs out and try to get to you
You are my only one
I let go, there's just no one who gets me like you do
You are my only my only one

Here I go so dishonestly
Leave a note for you my only one
And I know you can see right through me
So let me go and you will find someone

Here I go, scream my lungs out and try to get to you
You are my only one
I let go, there's just no one, no one like you
You are my only, my only one
My only one
My only one
My only one
You are my only, my only one

well, what have I got to say? Total surrender to the person you love. Unreal..

So, why is this depressing? Its about someone who was left by his "only one". How sad can that be? Trust me, it can be very, very sad and depressing.
so, we have to cut this one short. Don't worry, we'll have the complete list soon, I hope..

*jana says i'm articulate? what? i don't even know what that means! kidding! thanks for the complement!*

=END OF PART 2=

No comments: