Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Ipod apps are crazy!

before anything else, i am writing this because my family and myself will be out for two days frolicking in tagaytay. because of this i am not certain if i can blog while out there or not.


so here i am, less than 24 hours removed from concluding the crazy shit of adventure i was pulled into while looking for the gadget i would be treating myself to.


now, just to leave my thoughts on the said subject, i am just confused to why items are at their least of number AFTER Christmas day. usually in my mind i assumed that malls stock up before and after the holidays. before when people are rushing out to buy gifts and after because kids like me already have their money to buy shit.


in my case, i just wanted a lousy 32GB Ipod Touch. SM Bacoor didn't have it, so wasn't able to buy last Saturday. Robinson's Manila didn't have either, and it was a Monday (yesterday), the first day of the week, where in my mind AGAIN i ASSUMED stocks will be replenished, but alas, no Ipod Touch anywhere was within reach. in my mind again i silently cursed the individual who hoarded the units, if there as such a case. (haha)


Mall of Asia ALMOST didn't have it, but by the grace of God somebody forgot to look inside 5th Avenue (though i would not initially recommend buying from them, their service was pretty neat) where i got my hands on my dream gadget.



somehow the battle has been won, but the war has just begun..


APPS! the reason why i bought this son of a bitch and didn't want a laptop. supposedly it can do ALMOST ANYTHING with the right app at hand, so here i am now wasting my day learning the jargon (jailbreaking and shit) while looking for the apps i wanted.


i also needed to rearrange my music and videos which would suit my taste.


after much wrangling and struggling with the internet and its plethora of forums about ipods, i finally have the apps i wanted, which includes:
- a document reader which can read ppt and pdf files
- a flashlight
- apps for my subjects in med school (biochem and neuroscience!)
- 2player games!! (for me, my family and my girl)


i also came to the conclusion that Apple products do eat the shit out of our brains. but they still are pretty fucking handy.



so here it is in its current form right now. it's been a pain in the head, but it's all worth it.


hope you all have a safe New Year ahead!! see you in a few days! :)

No comments: