Saturday, August 15, 2009

What's Up?

hello everybody! it has been 2 months since i last posted in my blogger. though i haven't forgotten that i do have a blogger account, my body has not compelled me to write or post anything as of late.

but since i'm still hobbling due to a knee sprain i suffered last monday, i've taken it to myself to blog about what's been happening to my life.

medical school has been frustrating, tiring, cumbersome and fun for the 1st 3 months. it has been the longest 3 months of my life and frankly, there were days where frustration would get the best of me and i would find myself worn out after a week of cadavers, enzymes and metabolic pathways.

in spite of this, i do truly enjoy medschool, especially after meeting really wonderful people who i may call as my friends. new experiences and adventures (specially during laboratory) await us on any given day, spaced out by BORING/INTERESTING 4 hour lectures.

i believe that finally, i have been getting into my stride when it comes to academics. i believe that i have done a good job in keeping my head above water and not getting really low grades. my objective is to get the highest marks, but first i need to pass. :)

this year marks the first time i almost blew my knee out. thankfully it wasn't the MCL tear i was first diagnosed with, but rather a mild knee sprain. though i would be wearing knee braces the next time i play, which probably would be September.

i enjoy coaching our batch's basketball team. it's really good to know that my game has gotten instant respect and while i know that i should be improving myself, it is also imperative that the team and its players should improve alongside each other. we need to set an identity in the next game.

i want DEFENSE first. haha. the offense would come in after that.

in the meantime, i am trying hard to study while i combat pains in my arms and back. hopefully next week when i go to the orthopedist, good news may come.

stay safe everyone! ^_^

No comments: